I don’t know where I am right now in life, I don’t know where I will be in future but I do know that uncomfortable, bizarre, incomplete feeling you get at the pit of your stomach to be living life one day at a time, not knowing what the future holds? Being in a continuous hail of here – there – nowhere! Is this what your late twenties are for? Don’t get me wrong, I am very grateful for a lot of things in life, just not used to walking in a trail with fog ahead of me because that’s what ‘this’ feels like! Like I am constantly stumbling – rat racing for residency, between my quest to find answers and settling down in life, between people I actually wanna talk to and not having to explain why!
Life, as I see it from where I am standing, is very blurred, stormy and turbulent but I also know the only way out is through and maybe ‘this phase’, this particular phase is my preparation for what’s ahead, so that I cherish the good times and stand as rock for bad ones, so I appreciate the uncertainty and learn to embrace, maybe, I don’t know! I don’t have all the answers but ‘I don’t think that’s the bad thing either, sometimes not knowing helps you get to the answers, sometimes that is what drives you and creates a new you’. I am a believer, by nature and I believe things do happen for a reason which we may not be able to see right away like now, in my life, but every little thing is leading you to where you are meant to be.
In my little time on earth, for 27 years now, here’s a list of things I have learnt and live by (and may be even wish for my future unborn child to read and learn from 😜, talk about aspirations people 😂) –
- Always be thankful for the life you have been given, many forces came together for it to happen, from being just a group of cells to an embryo to fetus to becoming this person. You are a little bit of magic.
- Follow your instincts, they will keep you on the right path.
- Be present. Wherever you are, be it with family, a friend, a colleague, be 100% there.
- You are going to meet a lot of people with a different frequency than yours, don’t let it change you in any way. Be you.
- Find your happy place, a place you derive your energy from, a place you call and feel at ‘home’, whatever it is, whoever it is – God, universe, that force and learn to go back to it from time to time.
- No matter how bad the situation is – Tea always helps!
- Work hard but more importantly work honestly.
- NEVER expect! Period. (Probably the toughest art to learn as a human, I am still trying!)
- Learn to give back, always.
- Music heals everything.
- Listen to your Mom.
- Don’t be EVER afraid to take your stand for something you believe in with all your heart.
- Your perspective is your reality, don’t let anyone make you feel bad for speaking your mind.
- Apologize for when you are wrong, it doesn’t make you any less of a person.
- Stay true and most importantly to yourself because that’s one person you are gonna be facing all your life. Keep him/her happy.
- It’s difficult to listen to the voice from within when the world is trying to feed you with unnecessary information from all around. Remember you GET TO CHOOSE.
- Take a break and listen to ‘Coldplay’ on a rainy morning sitting on your couch sipping your favourite cup of coffee.
- Love is a state of mind so don’t expect it to last forever. Just find someone who, along with you is ready to work at it every single day!
- Make mistakes, a lot of them and that’s how you know, you know?
- Develop relationships and friendships that help you grow and become a better version of yourself.
- Be selective when investing emotionally, not everyone deserves a seat in the ride of your life.
- Read. A lot. You will never be alone if you have ‘your books’ to fall back on.
- Dream and do everything you can in your power for it to come true but don’t expect they will, some will, some may not, maybe even for better. Important thing is – not having to regret later!
- Eat to nourish yourself and to make yourself happy but NEVER to fill a void.
- It’s okay to not have all the answers, you will eventually reach where you are supposed to be.
- Love, cry, laugh and dance wholeheartedly! Be selfish, flourish your soul and do what makes you happy!
I cannot be more thankful for everything I have been graced with in this life and look forward to what it has in store for me further down the road! I welcome another year with open arms and a big smile! Happy 27th, go me!🙂
“Dwell on the beauty of life, watch the stars and see yourself running with them – Marcus Aurelius” ❣️
The images used in this post are not my own, no copyright infringement intended. Thank you!